I’ve been doing keto for almost 9 months. I still have to indulge to get an occasional sweet treat. And I’ve tried a LOT of different cookie recipes (and cake, cheesecakes and fat bombs). I’ve played around with a few combinations, and wanted to share my favorite Keto chocolate chip cookie recipe, I call ChocoCoco Yum.
It’s pretty simple, and only requires 9 ingredients!
First, start with 1 stick of unsalted butter. Soften in the microwave or at room temperature. Using a hand or other mixer, with the Erythritol (I like this brand here). Add the egg and vanilla extract.
In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut flakes and baking powder. Combine with the butter mixture, mixing only until combined.
Next, mix the dark chocolate shavings into the cookie batter by hand, only until combined.
Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees. They are pretty flaky until they cool, after about 20 minutes. I love mine served chilled in the fridge.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOCOCO YUM COOKIES:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill super fine almond flour works well)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (I also like Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sweetener (I prefer Erythritol)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 stick salted butter, softened or at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2-3 squares of a dark chocolate bar (I use 1 of a 90% cocoa and 2 of 86% cocoa), chopped into shavings
This yields about 14-16 cookies, and is around 2.5 net carbs per cookie.