In my opinion, any lawnmower with a Honda engine. They purr so lovely as they sip gas and I know that with proper maintenance it will run until everything else rusts and falls apart around it. My lawnmower is not a Honda, it’s a Husqvarna. It may not have the fancy double blades and self-propelled options, but my grass is as green and lush looking as my neighbors who spent about $200-300 more on their Honda Lawnmowers.
My lawnmower Advice:
- Find Honda power. It can last for ages and its easy on fuel. Here’s my beast (link)
- Keep the blade sharp – it’s easy. Get yourself a metal file and a vice.
- Follow the maintenance schedule – get a good transfer pump (like this one) or tip it on its side to drain oil. Parts are fairly cheap as well to keep your Honda going.
- Gas goes bad. Use sta-bil (this secret sauce) in your gas and buy your gas is small quantities – you can still find non-ethanol gas in some places.
- Be careful – tinkering with small motors is fun. You might find yourself bringing home discarded lawnmowers just to get them running again.